Practitioner Only Policy
Policy for supply of practitioner only products
Applies to the Bio-Practica products including following brands:
MAGNESIUM Diasporal® | Basica® | TOXAPREVENT® | Bio-Practica
This policy follows guidelines set by the Complementary Medicines Australia (CMA) code of practice and supply for Practitioner Only complementary medicines (www.cmaustralia.org.au).
Bio-Practica products may only be dispensed by fully qualified healthcare practitioners, or a registered and practising professional operating in a therapeutic environment. This means a formal consultation has occurred, thorough case
notes taken and patient records retained. In-store advice to consumers does not constitute a consultation.
Healthcare practitioners must be:
- Qualified with (accredited) training and experience in ingestible medicines.
- Accredited with a relevant and recognised professional association.
- Practising in a private, consultative environment which includes the creation and maintenance of patient records.
- Students – students in their final year/s (third and fourth year of study), studying nutrition or Naturopathy, may purchase products for educational and/or personal use. Students in their final year/s (third and fourth year of study), are able to dispense products if they are under the supervision of an educational facility or working under the supervision of a fully qualified practitioner.
Pharmacies and health food stores may only supply Bio-Practica products to consumers upon presentation of a current prescription (script) from their healthcare practitioner.
Bio-Practica reserves the right to grant, restrict or review the supply of our practitioner only range on a case-by-case basis, based upon consideration of the above criteria.
Conditions of supply of practitioner only products to retail outlets
1. Bio-Practica products may only be sold by a retail store where:
a) A formal consultation has taken place with an in-house qualified practising healthcare practitioner, where:
- The store has a private room where the consultation takes place (In-store advice to consumers does not constitute a consultation.)
- The consultation includes the creation and maintenance of a patient record. Or,
b) Upon presentation of a current prescription (script) from a qualified healthcare practitioner. A valid script should contain:
- The Clinic’s and Practitioner’s name and contact details
- The date of prescription
- The patient’s name
- Dosage and directions for each product
- Number of repeats for each product
2. Display of Bio-Practica products in store – Strictly no public access
The Bio-Practica products should not be accessible in any retail consumer outlet. All products must be kept ‘behind the counter’ and out of reach from the consumer. Refrigerated products may be stored in an accessible retail fridge provided that the designated area is clearly labelled for practitioner dispensing only.
3. Display of Bio-Practica products on the internet to consumers
THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Practitioner only products may only be sold online to a consumer upon presentation of a current script or by direct authorisation of the prescribing practitioner.
4. Discontinuation of Supply
bWellness reserves the right to discontinue supply to any retail outlet that does not comply with the supply conditions.
bWellness reserves the right to grant, restrict or review the supply of our Practitioner Only range on a case by case basis, in line with the above criteria.
Bio-Practica is committed to practitioners being at the forefront of integrative healthcare by providing innovative, premium quality, Practitioner Only natural medicines.
For advice and support in prescribing bWellness products, we have a dedicated practitioner assistance line to help you best care for your clients.